These Nursing Home Injuries Are Common Signals Of Neglect
Since the elderly are particularly susceptible to injury and illness due to their advanced age and existing medical issues, any additional injury that results from negligence can be life-threatening. If your loved one has shown signs of injuries that occurred while in a nursing home, get help in holding the facility, staff and any other negligent parties responsible.
Our lawyers and staff at Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George have extensive experience handling nursing home injuries that have resulted from neglect or abuse in a care facility. We are sensitive to the needs of our clients in these cases, realizing the emotional toll they take on the victims and their families. Our New Castle-based firm has achieved great success in all types of personal injury cases, including nursing home injury cases, and continues to aggressively fight on behalf of the injured.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
Nursing homes will often attempt to explain away injuries. People fall, things happen. However, it is essential that these cases are thoroughly investigated to ensure the future safety of your loved one and all the residents at that facility.
We confidently handle situations involving all types of injuries, such as:
- Cuts, abrasions and bruises (that can often indicate excessive restraint or even assault)
- Broken bones (due to falls)
- Bedsores or decubitus ulcers (resulting from the failure to properly position and move bedridden patients or unsatisfactory mattresses)
- Infections (due to the lack of attention to cuts or skin ulcerations)
- Head, neck and back injuries (resulting from falls)
- Sexual assault injuries (from rape or another intentional injurious act)
- Physical illness (due to medication errors, malnutrition or dehydration)
- Emotional illnesses (due to intimidation, verbal abuse or another aggressive behavior from staff or other poorly controlled patients)
Whether the injuries, illness or death resulted from carelessness, negligence, abuse or an intentional act, you deserve to know that your loved one is protected and that the negligent party can no longer hurt the victim. We are not afraid to take these cases to trial, and our opponents know it. Our firm is staffed with several highly skilled trial lawyers who will go to great lengths to see that justice is served.
Talk To Us Today About Your Case
Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George is on your side. Call our attorneys at 724-761-2094 or get in touch with us through our online contact form to schedule a free case evaluation. During this time, we can learn more about the nursing home abuse or neglect that you suspect and determine how to proceed with the case.