Lauren Kelly Gielarowski concentrates her practice in representing individuals in all areas of personal injury, with a particular emphasis in medical malpractice cases.
Lauren began her career at a large, international law firm where she practiced in the area of financial services litigation and handled class actions and shareholder derivative lawsuits.
Thereafter, and prior to joining LGKG, Lauren was a partner in a national law firm where she represented a wide array of healthcare providers in both Pennsylvania and West Virginia, including nationally-recognized hospitals and community hospitals, as well as nursing homes, physicians, and registered nurses.
After several years as a defense attorney, Lauren’s passion to advocate for injured individuals led her to LGKG. Lauren’s experience on the defense side of medical malpractice cases uniquely situates her to see the other side of the coin, appreciate how her adversaries operate, and more effectively represent her clients with both understanding and compassion.
Lauren was born in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania and attended the University of Pittsburgh for undergraduate and law school. During law school, Lauren served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Debra M. Todd, Chief Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and was a legal writing teaching assistant for Professor Nancy Burkoff at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Lauren currently lives in downtown Pittsburgh. On the weekends, you can find her trying new restaurants and enjoying the city with her husband, Mike.
- West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2012
- Order of the Coif (top 10% of law school class)
- University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Senior Research Editor
- Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Legal Analysis & Writing, Lawyering: A History, and Pre-Trial Practice: Pleadings and Discovery
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
- Phi Eta Sigma Collegiate Honor Society
- Gamma Kappa Alpha National Italian Honor Society
- Rising Stars® in the field of Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense (2018-2022, Super Lawyers®)
- Hearing Committee Member serving the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, District IV, (2016-2022)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Board of Governors Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section Council Member
Publications & Presentations
Contributing Author, Insights: The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor, Delaware Court of Chancery Clarifies Contours of Attorney-Client Privilege, Vol. 28, No. 3, March 2014
Author, Admit the Crime or Do the Time: Pennsylvania's Juvenile Transfer Conundrum, University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Vol. 73, No. 3, p. 563
Lauren is a member of the Founders Board of the Children’s Trust of Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. The Trust supports innovative research and programs at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and provides volunteer opportunities and services to serve the more than one million children and their families who visit Children’s Hospital for care.
Lauren has also been involved with the Syrian American Medical Society Foundation (“SAMS Foundation”), which funds the medical needs of civilian victims of the war in Syria, and also assists Syrian refugees with resettlement in the United States and elsewhere.