We Do What We Say We'll Do
At Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George, our New Castle bike accident attorneys help victims of cycling accidents throughout Western Pennsylvania seek full and fair recovery for their injuries and financial losses.
Since 1934, our firm has defended the interests of those harmed by the negligent and reckless actions of another person. If you were hurt in a crash while riding your bike, you can depend on our experience and dedication to client results.
Experience You Can Trust Throughout Pennsylvania
The highly-rated New Castle bicycle accident lawyers at Luxenberg Garbett Kelly George are unafraid to take on insurance companies on your behalf. While we pursue out-of-court settlements, our board-certified civil trial specialists* will try your case if necessary. Our goal is to secure a fair settlement on your behalf, and we are proud to offer free initial case evaluations.
Why Hire Our Firm?
- Our Reputation - We've been selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list for over 15 years.
- Our Loyalty - We've been a pillar in the New Castle area for over 80 years.
- Our Results - Over $200 million recovered for clients throughout Pennsylvania.
- Our Experience - Together, our legal team has over 100 years of combined experience.
We have successfully represented injured cyclists in New Castle, Ellwood City, Butler, Beaver Falls, Farrell, and Sharon. At Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George, we prepare every case as if it is going to trial. Whether it is through settlement negotiations or a favorable verdict, we will diligently pursue the best outcome on your behalf.
Helping You Fight for the Recovery You Deserve
When a moving vehicle strikes a person riding a bike, the results can be catastrophic. Cyclists are largely unprotected in an impact with a car or truck, and these accidents often lead to serious or even fatal injuries.
Cyclists often suffer injuries that include:
In addition to the physical injuries you may have experienced as a result of your bike accident, you may also be facing emotional trauma and mental anguish as well. These types of accidents are complex, and it is not always easy to establish liability. Our New Castle bicycle accident attorneys understand how to navigate the aftermath, and we are committed to fighting for justice for you.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Drivers have the responsibility to drive safely and responsibly around people are riding bikes. A moment of distraction, speeding, or reckless driving can have catastrophic consequences. There are many causes of bicycle accidents, but they all typically come down to motorists failing to check their surroundings. Other common causes of bike accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Making turns without looking
- Weaving through traffic
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Drunk driving
Depending on the type of insurance coverage you have, you may be able to sue the negligent driver who caused your accident. Our team of bicycle injury attorneys in New Castle can help you seek the compensation you deserve by filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver or by negotiating with your own insurance company.
Call (724) 576-8855 to schedule a free consultation with our experienced team of bike injury lawyers.
What To Do After a Bike Accident in Lawrence County?
A bicycle accident may leave you severely injured and disoriented. As difficult as it might be to remain focused after a bike crash, following these steps can help ensure your rights are protected when you need to file a claim later:
- Step #1 - Report the Accident to the Police Immediately: A police report is an essential piece of evidence for any accident claim. You can request a copy of the report for your own records so that you can discuss it with your attorney.
- Step #2 - Take Photos of the Accident Scene: If you or a loved one is able, take photos of your injuries, any damage to your bike and the other vehicle, and surrounding roadways.
- Step #3 - Seek Medical Attention As Soon As Possible: If your injuries were serious, you may have been transported by emergency services to the nearest hospital. However, some bike accident injuries are not immediately apparent. It's essential that you visit your regular doctor (or any doctor) as soon as you can after your accident so that you can receive prompt medical treatment and get an assessment of your injuries.
- Step #4 - Collect Information from the Other Parties: Try to collect the name, phone number, driver's license number, and insurance information from any other parties involved in the crash so that you can file a claim.
- Step #5 - Gather Witness Statements & Information: Witness testimony may be key in proving liability for your accident. Record the names and phone numbers of any witnesses and perhaps a brief statement as well. The police should take witness statements as well, but it can be helpful to have this information for your own records.
- Step #6 - Contact an Experienced Bike Accident Attorney: Your best chance of receiving maximum compensation for your injuries, lost wages, property damage, etc, is by retaining the services of an attorney who has experience handling bike accident claims.
*Charles W. Garbettand Lawrence M. Kellyhave been certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as civil trial specialists, an acknowledgment of their skill, accomplishments, and integrity in personal injury litigation.
We've been designated Pennsylvania Super Lawyers for over 15 years, and we have Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethics as determined by peers in the legal community.
We have been a staple in this community for over 80 years representing our friends and neighbors.
ResultsWe have recovered over $200 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
IntegrityAt LGKG, we do what we say we are going to do. Earning your trust is paramount to us, and we've been keeping our promises for over 80 years.
ExperienceOur team has over 100 years of combined legal experience.
CommitmentAt LGKG, it's not about us, it's about you.
Your Success Is Our Success
I would highly recommendPatricia S.
Best experience ever.Chelsea G.
Total FaithJames N.