Road Defects Lawyers in New Castle
Holding Parties Accountable For Defective Pennsylvania Roads
The law firm of Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George has obtained verdicts in road defects cases, including the largest jury verdict in Lawrence County history against a government entity ($1.5 million). We have successfully sued PennDOT and municipalities, utility companies, construction contractors and even homeowners on behalf of families who suffered a personal injury or wrongful death.
We hire former highway engineers, accident reconstructionists and other experts to prove that defective highway design or maintenance issues led to our clients’ injuries:
- Noncompliant or eroding berms (more than a 2-inch drop-off)
- Obstructed view/obstructed signs
- Improper signage or roadway markings
- Inadequate traffic controls at dangerous intersections
- Speed limits too high (e.g., coming over a hill to a stop sign)
- Obstructions in the right of way (e.g., a utility pole too close to the road)
- Bad engineering (e.g., a concrete island in the middle of an intersection)
Based in New Castle, we take cases in which bad highway design or another negligence caused or contributed to auto accidents in jurisdictions of western Pennsylvania and northwestern Pennsylvania.
Call (724) 576-8855 for a free case evaluation by board-certified trial lawyers.
Special Experience in Roadway-Related Lawsuits
Examples of cases our attorneys have handled include:
- A man swerved to the shoulder of a highway to avoid a dog in the road but was unable to get back on the pavement because of the severe drop-off to the berm. His vehicle hit an embankment and rolled multiple times. After a jury trial, the jury held the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation accountable for the plaintiff’s permanent injuries.
- In placing a detour sign, road construction workers obscured an existing stop sign. Four young people were killed in the resulting intersection collision. We reached a settlement for our plaintiff after establishing that the signs were inappropriately placed.
Talk to Us About Road Defects Litigation in Western Pennsylvania
Our legal team includes two board-certified civil trial attorneys. The insurance companies are aware that at Luxenberg Garbett Kelly & George, we will try the case and this often leads to fair settlements for our clients.
If you believe road defects are to blame for your car accident, arrange a free case evaluation. We can meet clients at five convenient locations, or visit victims at home or in the hospital. Call (724) 576-8855.
We've been designated Pennsylvania Super Lawyers for over 15 years, and we have Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethics as determined by peers in the legal community.
We have been a staple in this community for over 80 years representing our friends and neighbors.
We have recovered over $200 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
At LGKG, we do what we say we are going to do. Earning your trust is paramount to us, and we've been keeping our promises for over 80 years.
Our team has over 100 years of combined legal experience.
At LGKG, it's not about us, it's about you.